Monday, December 14, 2009

Sitting in the dark in my kitchen chair by the window, listening to Elvis. I opened the curtain and turned off the lights in the kitchen and what did I see???? Flying squirrels hopping around the maple tree!
Those little white tummies are hard to miss and the light from the side door is just enough that they don't feel like they have a spot light on them, though, I must say, they seem quite fearless when it comes to their humans....they will run to the top of the tree and fly off but it almost seems that they are more annoyed than afraid...
They look and look at me and seem to wonder if it is worth sticking around.
Right now there is one on the red feeder, sitting there like a fat sparrow, eating, or filling his cheeks with sunflower seeds.

I love how fast they move and how they disappear once they turn their tummy completely toward the tree. Unless they move, they are completely camoflaged and when they move it looks like the bark is moving.
I have to close the lap top so I can see out, otherwise the light of the laptop blinds me and I can't see out the window.

I am going to listen to Elvis in the dark now.
:)

No comments: