Saturday, December 5, 2009

It seems we have set a record for the longest period of time between snow falls. Can't tell you the exact number of days, but for those of us who do not depend on the snow for our livelihood, it has been a welcome respite.
On 12/1/09 we had our first snow of the year and it was beautiful. All the world was outlined in white and took on a lacey look.
Murphy is quite happy with the turn of events.





I always say - Don't live here if you don't like Winter - and there is a part of me that does like winter...wouldn't want to live somewhere where there is NO winter (been there done that). But when it came time to walk on the snow again, I was anxious. My fear of falling was strong and didn't make alot of sense since I didn't fall at all last year and we had TONS of snow. I think last year set some record for the most snow fall in one period.
Of course....normal people do not want to fall....I was just very anxious about it.
But today, the snow is gone and I have no fear walking around outside.
They are predicting lots of snow this weekend, and it really is about time. And there are differing degrees of snow slipperiness...the snow you see above was highly slippery or "greasy" as people say around here. Most of the time snow is where you get more traction and it is just the ice you have to watch for.
OK...off to feed the birds and squirrels .
Happy Saturday!

No comments: